Thank you for checking out our job openings.
There are no job openings at this time.
Personal Lines Underwriter
Bellevue Managing General Insurance Agency is looking for a full-time Personal Lines Insurance Underwriter who is experienced in determining risk acceptability, pricing, appropriate coverage, terms and conditions by utilizing carriers within our approved territories. This position requires the underwriter to work independently with a high level of authority and judgment. Must foster a positive relationship with Producers, Company Staff, Customer Service Representatives and Co-Workers to meet growth and profitability objectives.
Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Underwriter Job Responsibilities:
- Review submissions received from Producers within an assigned territory. The submission is reviewed for acceptability or declined based on the information necessary to make an informed decision. The risk is analyzed with a high level of technical expertise to determine loss exposure and to develop an adequate premium charge for the exposures provided. In conjunction with pricing, must determine the appropriate endorsements, exclusions, terms and conditions to create the insurance contract – subject to the guidelines provided by our carriers.
- Review Inspections, Loss Runs and any other documentation helpful with the underwriting and pricing of a particular risk.
- Review binds, policies, endorsements and cancellation requests ensuring requests are issued correctly.
- Works toward production and loss ratio goals within the department through sound underwriting.
- Conduct marketing calls independently, with a marketing representative or member from a different department to develop and maintain relationships and business opportunities.
- Complies with company, carrier and state surplus line processes & procedures.
- Assist in the research and development of new or improved programs.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum of 3 years underwriting experience quoting, binding and/or servicing personal lines accounts. Surplus Line experience a plus.
- Proficient in underwriting with a working knowledge of Homeowner, Dwelling Fire, Manufactured Homes and Umbrella forms a must. Earthquake knowledge a plus.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgement.
- Ability to analyze insurance risks to determine acceptability including policy language, various rating plans and methodologies with a high degree of accuracy.
- Professional and effective communication skills, both verbal and written. (The ability to communicate with individuals and groups utilizing the telephone, email, fax and face-to-face.)
- Proficient computer skills, capable of working multi-faceted systems. Automation such as Vertafore AIM and/or ImageRight a plus. MS Office a must.
- Ability to work in a semi-paperless environment.
- Agrees to participate in various training sessions to improve skills and knowledge as necessary.
- Agrees to work extended hours as needed.
- Agrees to occasional travel and attending industry events.
- Agrees to obtain and maintain an Insurance Producers License for Property & Casualty.
Normal office environment. Semi-paperless. Dual Monitors. Standing desk optional. Fun environment. Remote and Flex time options available (restrictions apply).
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred. - Completion of general insurance courses such asCPCU, CIC, AU, ARM or ASLI a plus.
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm M-F
Location: Bellevue, Crossroads
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, LTD & 401k.