Additional Information for California Consumers
This section supplements the information contained within the Groninger & Co., Inc. Privacy Notice and provides additional information to California consumers as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
As defined by CCPA, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a California consumer or household.
Groninger & Co., Inc. (dba: GSU Insurance Services, dba: Superior Underwriters, dba: Primex Insurance Brokers, dba: Premium Installment Company) values your privacy. This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure explains how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information relating to California residents, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Please review this Notice to understand our privacy practices, including the Personal Information we collect, how it is collected, why it is collected, whom we share information, and how you can exercise your rights with respects to your personal information.
Groninger & Co., Inc. does not sell your Personal Information. You have the right to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information, however, no Opt-Out is required because Groninger & Co., Inc. does not sell your Personal Information.
Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request we delete Personal Information we have collected or maintain about you. The CCPA recognizes that businesses may not be able to honor a deletion request if there is a business need to maintain the information. If we are unable to honor a deletion request, we will tell you why in our response to your request.
We collect Personal Information relating to California residents in a variety of contexts. Some examples include Personal Information from California residents who request or obtain insurance products or services from us, employees, applicants who apply for employment, vendors, and contractors.
During the past 12 months, we may have collected the following types of personal information relating to California residents:
- Identifiers, such as name, address and government-issued identification (ex. social security number &/or driver’s license number)
- Personal Information, such as financial information, medical information, etc.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex and marital status, national origin, etc.
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints or facial recognition allowing individuals access to sensitive areas, keystroke patterns, etc.
- Internet or network activity information – to the extent you visit our websites or use our software applications, etc.
- Geolocation Data, such as to identify a physical location, etc.
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information, such as photographs, video recordings, and recording a call or voice message
- Professional or employment-related information, such as job history, prior employers, details of qualifications, skills and experience, etc.
- Education information
- Commercial information, which includes records of personal property, products, and services purchased, etc.
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
How does Groninger & Co., Inc. use Personal Information for a specific California Consumer?
Personal Information is used based on your relationship with us. We may use the information to operate, manage, and maintain our business allowing us to make insurance decisions, communicate with you and others as part of our business. This allows us to underwrite, provide quotes and service insurance policies. Personal Information is also used to determine employment eligibility; managing employment and vendor performance and other aspects of your relationship with us; and maintaining our facilities. We may also share Personal Information with federal or state government agencies as required by law, regulation or legal process.
California Consumer Rights Under CCPA:
If you are a California resident and this Notice applies to you, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed to third parties for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the Personal Information; and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
- You have the right to Non-Discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How to Make Requests
As a California resident, you may submit a request described above to receive Personal Information about you, or to delete Personal Information that Groninger & Co., Inc. has collected about you, in either of the following ways:
If you prefer to mail the Request Form, please print and mail to:
GSU Insurance Services CA Lic #0745051
P O Box 97024
Redmond, WA 98073-9724
When making a request, you will be asked to provide certain identifying information which will allow us to verify the request and locate your information.
We may change or update this CCPA Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised CCPA Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.